Monday, November 2, 2009

A Girl Called Gus and the Curious Case of Being A Reject.

So I have come to the conclusion that in my daily life of attending school I am a reject. I am the one who carries her Bible around with her all day everyday. I am the one who people ask to do their homework for them on occasion, where I decline their offer. I am the one who is known simply because of my participation in soccer and leadership, but is seen as a "nerd" at the same time. I am the one soccer girl in the locker room sitting by herself listening to worship music, reading my bible when everyone else is laughing and joking around. I am the one who makes bacon cookies...

But to God I am no reject. I am seen as perfect and holy when I have been flawed and unholy. But I'll just keep living life as the outcast. Because there is a place where I am invited with open arms.

"For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that One has died for all, therefore all have died: and He died for all, that these who live might no longer live for themselves but for Him who for their sake died and was raised."
2 Corinthians 4:14-15

1 comment:

brynnjamin. said...

that is a great piece of writing; i love how down to earth you are within your body yet your soul is reaching out high past the stars towards God.
i love you <3