Friday, November 13, 2009

A Girl Called Gus and the Case of "Disfunctional" Vital Organs.

My stomach is congested with butterflies ; my mind is on a continuous treadmill; my heart is distressed, and yet full circle with the Grace that encompasses it.

I am restless.

I don't know what to do.

I feel I have failed.

I have been "enjoying" the company of an untrustworthy companion named Anxiety.



"Don't fuss about what's on the table at mealtimes or if the clothes in your closet are in fashion. There is far more to your inner life than the food you put in your stomach, more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body.What I'm trying to do here is get you to relax, not be so preoccupied with getting so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Don't be afraid of missing out. You're my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself." Luke 12:22,23, 29-32. [The Message]



I'm striving to whole-heartedly trust that God will help me push through.





A perfectly ineffectual, nonsensical, lugubrious, deplorable, inadequate excuse for a blog. It is a mockery to all that is blog-worthy. (This is where I let out a melancholy sigh of pacification as I say "Oh Well," and move on to another verse, another blog, another day.

Fare Thee Well my blogger friends.
Surely you shall soon see the termination of the Curious Cases of a Girl Called Gus.

No comments: